Method of Payment
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Paypal. A business, personal, or cashier’s check is also acceptable if you are mailing in an order. Name, address, driver’s license number, and phone number must be printed on check. There is a $35.00 service charge for all returned checks.
International orders, South Texas Tack has partnered with a trusted third-party company, International Checkout, to fulfill orders for our international customers. Please see our complete procedures and policy on international ordering information here: <<click here>>
Texas residents will have a 6.75% sales tax accessed.
Prices online may differ from prices in store. Items online may not be sold in store.
South Texas Tack Gift Cards
South Texas Tack Gift Cards are the customer’s responsibility. South Texas Tack is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
Southtexastack.com does not share customer information. Customer Information is confidential to southtexastack.com. E-mails will be used for southtexastack.com promotional, one on one, and trade use only. Customers receiving emails in error or no longer care to receive information from southtexastack.com must notify us and the email will be removed from our mailing list. We will remain cautious as to the over use of customers emails. We realize the value of our relationships and hope to maintain these relationships for many years to come.
The security of credit card information is taken very serious at www.southtexastack.com. Credit card information is used to complete orders only. Credit Card numbers will not be processed over the phone. We do not use or release any credit card or financial information for any purpose. The safety of your credit card information is very important to southtexastack.com. We have confidence in the SSL technology that is used on this site to secure all of your personal information. We assure you that your transactions are confidential and secure, and your shopping experience will be a pleasant one.
You trust?South Texas Tack?to provide you with a quality product, service and experience, and we’re working hard to earn a place in your heart. A big part of that is maintaining your privacy. We believe you deserve transparency, education, choice, protection, and simplicity. Our goal is to help you take action to protect your privacy.
What’s in this notice
This privacy notice (“notice") explains how?South Texas ("South Texas Tack", “we”, or “us”) collects, uses, shares, and protects your personal data. It also provides you with important information about your personal data choices.
This notice applies to personal data we have about you that identifies, relates to, describes, can be associated with, or could reasonably identify you as an individual. It includes data like your name, address, or email address, as well as less obvious data like demographic data and location data.
This notice applies to all personal data we collect and use when you access or use our websites, apps, and other services (our “services”), purchase and use our devices and products (“products”), visit our retail stores, or communicate or interact with us in any way, including mail, email, phone, chat, social media, or in-person.
Some products and services may have their own privacy notice. If this notice conflicts with a privacy notice for a specific product or service, the product or service notice applies.
This notice does not apply to data that is not personal, like anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated data (for example, summary statistics), even if it comes from personal data.
How we collect your personal data
We collect personal data about you in four primary ways:
- Directly from you, like when you create an account with?South Texas Tack
- Automatically?from your use of our products and services, like data associated with using our website
- From other sources, like information from financial institutions and credit agencies
- By using or combining data to?infer?insights about you.
What data we collect
Personal data you may provide directly to us:
- Contact and account information, like your name, usernames, passwords, address, telephone number, email address, and household members.
- Authentication and security information.
- Demographic information, like your age, and gender.
- Payment information, like your credit card, debit card, and bank account number.
- Preference information, including preferences related to marketing, advertising, communications, and participation in?South Texas Tack?programs.
- Other information you choose to provide.
Personal data we may collect automatically:
Including records of your purchases from us and purchase tendencies.
Specifically data that identifies the approximate or precise location of your delivery addresses.
Personal data we collect from other sources:
We may collect personal data about you from other sources. For example, we may obtain updated address information from our shippers like the United States Postal Service, and we may collect information from financial institutions and credit agencies.
Personal data we infer:
We may learn about your preferences or characteristics based on other personal data we collect.
How we use your data
We use your personal data for a lot of reasons, such as:
- Create and administer accounts, complete transactions, payments, billing, and requests related to our products and services and third-party products and services that you charge to your accounts.
- Provide, develop, customize, and personalize products and services, respond to your inquiries, conduct surveys, and perform our contractual obligations.
- Advertise and market products and services from?South Texas Tack?to you, including through targeted advertising and communications about promotions and events, contents, and sweepstakes.
- Conduct research and create reports from analysis of usage patterns and trends and to deidentify or aggregate personal data to create business and market analysis and reports.
- Detect and help protect against security incidents and illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized activities; investigate suspicious traffic, cybersecurity threats or vulnerabilities, complaints, and claims; authenticate your credentials for account access and information and provide other security protections.
- Protect you and others from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive, or unlawful activities.
- Debug and repair errors and help maintain and improve the quality and safety of our products and services.
- Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to local, state, or federal government requirements.
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of?South Texas Tack?and others.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests.
- Enforce our policies, terms and conditions, or other agreements.
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes, or litigation.
When we share your data
We may disclose your personal data to others as follows:
With your consent or at your direction
We may disclose personal data about you to third parties with your consent, which we may get in writing, online, or orally. We may also share your personal data with third parties when you tell us to or when you use our products or services to interact with third parties, whose separate privacy notices may apply to that data.
With the account holder
We may disclose personal data about an account user to the account holder (the party financially responsible for the account). The primary account holder may also authorize other users to access account information. If a business, governmental agency, or other individual obtains services for you, that entity or individual is our customer, and we may provide personal data about you or your use of our products and services to them or, if they tell us to, others.
For legal process and protection
We may disclose personal data to third parties, including government authorities, for legal processes or protection of life and safety where we believe that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary, including:
- To comply with laws, regulations, legal process or to respond to lawful requests
- To enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for products and services (including disclosure to collection agencies to obtain payment)
- To protect the rights, interests, property, or safety of?South Texas Tack, our customers, and others
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation
- To protect you or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of these services, and other fraudulent activity
- In an emergency
How we protect your data
We use administrative, technical, contractual, and physical safeguards designed to protect your data. For example, when you contact us by phone or visit us in our stores, we have procedures in place to make sure that only the primary account holder or authorized users have access.
We can’t guarantee our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personal data. Be sure to use a strong password to access your information and not one you use for other services. You should also use multi-factor authentication where possible.
To delete your personal data, submit a personal data deletion request. You may ask us to delete the personal data we have collected about you. If you do, we may not delete all your data because certain exceptions may apply. For example, we may keep personal data that is necessary to bill you or to comply with laws. If you request that we delete your personal data, we might not be able to offer some services or products.
Verification of your identity
We have to verify your identity before we can give you access to or delete your personal data. If we can’t verify your identity, we’ll unfortunately have to deny your request. This is to protect you.
Under the?California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA),?Consumers who are California Residents Have Personal Data Rights, including the right to access, delete, and stop the sale of personal data. If you are a California resident, you also have the right to know how we use and disclose your data. Of course, if you do exercise any of these rights, South Texas Tack will not treat you any differently.
As a part of?South Texas Tack's?ongoing commitment to transparency about our privacy practices—and in compliance with?California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)—we will share information annually on how many consumer data requests we receive.
Shine the Light
Under the Shine the Light law, California customers may request information about whether a business has disclosed personal data (as defined in that law) to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We don’t do that without your permission.
We keep this privacy notice up to date. When we make changes, we’ll let you know by updating this notice and the date at the top of this page. Those changes will not apply to previously collected personal data unless we get consent from impacted consumers.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit southtexastack.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and application of the law of the state of Texas. If you have any concern about privacy at southtexastack.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
TERMS OF SALE
SOUTH TEXAS TACK November 10, 2022
THESE TERMS OF SALE GOVERN YOUR SHOPPING EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING PURCHASES FROM SOUTH TEXAS TACKS (DEFINED BELOW) IN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU ARE PURCHASING OUR PRODUCTS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOUR PURCHASES ARE GOVERNED BY DIFFERENT TERMS. PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING PRODUCTS ONLINE OR OTHERWISE PURCHASING FROM THE SOUTH TEXAS TACK (AS DEFINED BELOW).
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO SOUTH TEXAS TACKS (DEFINED BELOW) ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; BY SHOPPING IN ANY SOUTH TEXAS TACK YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SALE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, YOU MUST (A) DISCONTINUE USING OR SHOPPING IN OUR DIGITAL STORES AND DISCONTINUE VISITING OR SHOPPING IN OUR RETAIL STORES, (B) NOT MAKE A PURCHASE AND/OR (C) RETURN ANY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE WITHIN THE APPLICABLE RETURN WINDOW.
You are SUBJECT to these TERMS AND MAY PURCHASE SOUTH TEXAS TACK PRODUCTS if you are of legal age in your jurisdiction or if you have consent from your parent or guardian.
NO PURCHASE FOR RESALE
South Texas Tacks, including any consumer rights or policies offered in South Texas Tacks, are intended solely for the benefit of end consumers, and therefore purchase of products for resale is strictly prohibited. Purchase for resale means the purchase of product by someone who intends to resell the product to others (consumers, businesses or any third party). If SOUTH TEXAS TACK determines that a purchase or order is intended for resale, SOUTH TEXAS TACK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, and as it relates to such purchase or order, to (1) suspend the application of any SOUTH TEXAS TACK policy that provides a right or benefit intended for direct to consumer purchases; and (2) take any action to hinder such purchase or order (and deter future purchases or orders), including without limitation, to restrict sales to any consumer, consumer account, or member account, cancel orders, charge restocking fees, impose purchase quantity limits, decline to issue refunds or take returns, deny access to any South Texas Tack, and/or suspend or close any account.
HOW TO PURCHASE– DIGITAL STORES
To complete your purchase at a Digital Store, you must provide your full name, e-mail address, valid delivery address, and payment method to place an online order. You may need to adjust your device settings or set your browser to accept functional cookies and pop-ups in order to be able to use all the functionalities of a Digital Store, which includes designing customized items, adding items to your shopping bag and submitting your order.
When you submit an order, we may send an email acknowledging receipt of your order (“Order Confirmation”). Our acceptance of your order takes place when the products are shipped to you; we may send a second email confirming that the products have been shipped. If we are unable to supply you with a product, we will inform you of this in writing and will not process the order for that product.
OUR RIGHT TO REJECT YOUR PURCHASE OR CANCEL AN ORDER
Sale of products and fulfillment of all orders at a South Texas Tack is subject to availability and our discretion in managing inventory. We explicitly reserve the right to limit, decline or reject any sales and orders for any reason, without being liable for any damage or costs other than repayment of any amount received from you in relation to such sale or order, in situations including but not limited to:
- an Event Outside Our Control (as defined below);
- the product you seek to purchase is not available or in stock;
- your address, billing information or form of payment is incorrect or cannot be verified;
- your order is flagged by our security systems as potentially fraudulent, or an order placed with automated ordering software or technology;
- there is evidence that your order (single or cumulative orders) was purchased for the purpose of resale, tax evasion, or other fraudulent purpose;
- your order was flagged for freight forwarding or shipping to an address or service provider that enables or allows foreign export or unlawful avoidance of sales tax;
- your purchase or order exceeds product purchase limits (quantity and/or dollar amount);
- your account and/or purchase history shows an excessively high volume of returns;
- there is evidence that you are not eligible to make purchases; or
- in the event of misspelling, pricing or other errors or mistakes at the South Texas Tack(s) where you wish to order or purchase.
SOUTH TEXAS TACK will determine whether any of the above events have occurred in its sole discretion.
TITLE TRANSFER & RISK OF LOSS
With the exception of products purchased or picked up at South Texas Tacks, title and risk of loss for products purchased from SOUTH TEXAS TACK pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. Title and risk of loss for products purchased online and picked up at SOUTH TEXAS TACK Retail Stores or directly purchased at SOUTH TEXAS TACK Retail stores will pass to you upon your authorized receipt of those products. Title to product(s) will not transfer until full payment has been received.
INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE
To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SOUTH TEXAS TACK Retail Services Inc., its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (the “SOUTH TEXAS TACK Parties”) from and against all claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your conduct in connection with any South Texas Tack or with other South Texas Tack users or consumers, or any violation of these Terms of Sale, any law or the rights of any third party. You, for yourself and on behalf of your heirs, estate, insurers, successors and assigns, hereby fully and forever release and discharge the SOUTH TEXAS TACK Parties from any and all claims or causes of action you may have for damages arising from or relating to your conduct in connection with any South Texas Tack or with other South Texas Tack users or consumers, or any violation of these Terms of Sale, any law or the rights of any third party.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
These terms and conditions set out the full extent of our AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTANDING in respect TO ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR SHOPPING, ORDERS, PURCHASES, RETURNS, ACCESS OR USE OF SOUTH TEXAS TACKS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, the maximum aggregate liability of either party to the other on all claims ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS Agreement, whether in contract, warranty, tort, strict liability, statute, or otherwise, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE SUM PAID TO SOUTH TEXAS TACK FOR THE PRODUCT(S) PURCHASED IN THE RELEVANT TRANSACTION.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, NONE OF THE SOUTH TEXAS TACK PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR: ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA, THAT RESULT FROM YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, A SOUTH TEXAS TACK; OR FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED AT A SOUTH TEXAS TACK; OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF SOUTH TEXAS TACK USERS OR CONSUMERS (WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE); OR FOR ANY USER CONTENT OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR SHOPPING, ORDERS, PURCHASES, OR USE OF A SOUTH TEXAS TACK, EVEN IF SOUTH TEXAS TACK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE AND ACCESS TO SOUTH TEXAS TACKS. YOUR ONLY REMEDY AGAINST SOUTH TEXAS TACK IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ALLEGED DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR ACCESS TO THE SOUTH TEXAS TACKS OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING OR ACCESSING SOUTH TEXAS TACKS.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS DETERMINED TO BE UNENFORCEABLE OR INVALID FOR ANY REASON, YOU AGREE THAT SOUTH TEXAS TACK’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ENFORCEABLE BY APPLICABLE LAW.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
SOUTH TEXAS TACK PROVIDES ACCESS TO SOUTH TEXAS TACKS “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ON ALL USES AND/OR PURCHASES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, (1) SOUTH TEXAS TACK DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, FOR ANY PRODUCT. SOUTH TEXAS TACK FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF EACH PRODUCT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PRICING, QUANTITY AND SIZING; (2) SOUTH TEXAS TACK DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED AT SOUTH TEXAS TACKS IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT OR THAT DIGITAL STORES WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, WITHOUT ERROR OR WITHOUT DEFECTS, BUGS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; AND (3) THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY IS ENFORCEABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW AND DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY PRODUCT OR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY EXPRESSLY OFFERED BY SOUTH TEXAS TACK AND/OR ANY THIRD-PARTY MANUFACTURER OF MERCHANDISE.
CHOICE OF LAW, JURISDICTION, TIME LIMIT FOR CLAIMS
- You agree that these Terms and any dispute between you and SOUTH TEXAS TACK shall be governed in all respects by Texas law, without regard to choice of law provisions, and not by the 1980 U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Except where prohibited by applicable law, and without limitation to any statutory rights for consumers, you agree that all disputes, claims and legal proceedings directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to South Texas Tacks (including but not limited to the purchase of South Texas Tack Products) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Washington County, Texas, USA.
- You consent to waive all defenses of “lack of personal jurisdiction” and “inconvenient forum” with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Washington County, Texas, USA.
- All claims shall be brought within one (1) year after the claim arises, except to the extent a longer period is required by applicable law.
RIGHT TO ASSIGN, NO WAIVERS, SEVERABILITY
- SOUTH TEXAS TACK may assign its rights and duties under these Terms to any party at any time without notice to you, unless notice is required by applicable law, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- South Texas Tack’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of these Terms is not a waiver of any of these Terms or South Texas Tack’s rights. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you. You should always assume these Terms apply.
- If any court or relevant authority decides that any provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms shall continue to be enforceable.
We accept several payment methods at check out at South Texas Tacks. Acceptable payments in Retail Stores are described at the register. Redemption/use of SOUTH TEXAS TACK gift cards to purchase products is subject to the SOUTH TEXAS TACK Gift Card Terms and Conditions . Please do not try to pay using any payment method not posted at the South Texas Tacks. If you do, we will not be liable for any loss of the payment or any other damages that may result from this action.
With the exception of built-to-order products (e.g. pre-order products and customized products) (“SOUTH TEXAS TACK By You”), if you pay by credit or debit card, we may deduct the amount immediately or pre-authorize and hold the amount due when you place an order. Once your order ships, we will deduct the pre-authorized amount from your account.
PRICES AND CURRENCY
The product prices displayed on products, packaging, signage, or otherwise posted within the South Texas Tack do not include sales tax. Shipping rates are applied per order.
Prices are quoted and exclusively payable in US dollars.
The prices of the products will be as displayed in the South Texas Tack. Prices may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed in an Order Confirmation.
YOUR TOTAL PRICE
The total price specified in the final check out screen on our Digital Stores includes estimated tax and shipping costs (if applicable). This price, updated to include actual tax, will be recorded in the Order Confirmation for Digital Store orders, which we recommend you print or download for future reference. For Retail Store purchases, actual tax and shipping costs (if applicable) will appear on your printed receipt, which we recommend you save for future reference. If you pay by credit or with debit card, the total amount for your entire purchase will be reflected on your statement in your local currency.
If your local currency is not in US dollars, your bank or credit card issuer will apply exchange rate and any fees according to terms and regulations applicable to you and the bank/issuer of your credit or debit card. The exchange rate and any fees applied by the bank/issuer are beyond our control.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY – DIGITAL STORES
DELIVERY – WHERE AND WHEN
We do not ship on certain public holidays. We can only fulfill an order to a valid delivery address which is a home or office address in the United States or its territories.
We may deliver all items from a single order within a single shipment. However, due to numerous factors, products may be delivered in split shipments. We reserve the right to split the delivery of any order. You will not be charged for any additional delivery costs.
INSPECTION UPON DELIVERY
Upon delivery, please inspect the packaging and products for damage. If it appears that the products are damaged, please contact www.southtexastack.com for assistance.
SOUTH TEXAS TACK members get free standard shipping (and discounted expedited shipping) on all orders. Non-member (or guest) purchases that exceed certain order thresholds, determined in South Texas Tack’s sole discretion, may receive free standard shipping or the option to pay for discounted express shipping.
RETURNS & CANCELLATIONS
RETURNING PRODUCTS AFTER PURCHASE/DELIVERY
Unless otherwise stated in the South Texas Tack, you can return your purchase in accordance with the terms of the return policy described in the South Texas Tack at the time of your purchase and available at southtexastack.com.
Refunds will be issued to the original form of payment. This applies to all South Texas Tack returns.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation supply chain shortages, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, pandemic, or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under these Terms: (1) We will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible; and (2) our obligations under these general conditions will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended during the time needed for resolution of the Event Outside Our Control.
Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of a product to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over. You may cancel the order if an Event Outside Our Control takes place and you no longer wish us to provide the products.